Wedding Day Makeup Tips: How To Make It Last
When it comes to your makeup on your wedding day, you want to make sure that it not only looks glowing and beautiful, but also that it stays put for hours on end without showing any signs of fading or feathering. The right wedding day makeup can make or break your wedding day. If you don’t feel your best, you won’t exude your best self out to your guests. In addition, with all of the pictures and videos that will be taken on your big day, you will want to ensure that you look picture-perfect in each and every one of them. No matter the season and no matter the time of year, you can ensure that you makeup stays looking gorgeous throughout your entire wedding and then some.
Here are some of the best stay-put wedding day makeup tips:
1. Apply Your Foundation With a Brush: Applying the right high-quality foundation with a brush that perfectly matches your skintone is one of the most important steps towards getting the best wedding day makeup possible. To ensure that your foundation stays put no matter what, make sure that when you apply your foundation with a brush, you pat the foundation into your skin. Don’t rub the foundation on your skin as this can cause it to fade quicker.
2. Use a Setting Spray When Your Makeup Is Done: Using a setting spray to “set” your makeup is one of the most beneficial, but often overlooked, steps towards achieving a wonderful wedding day makeup look that stays put. Make sure to complete every step of your wedding day makeup routine, and then when you are completely done, wait a few minutes for your makeup to dry and then apply a setting spray lightly over your entire face. Don’t forget to close your eyes when spritzing your spray as to not get any in your eyes.
3. Wear Waterproof Mascara and Eyeliner: As we all know, weddings tend to be a romantic and very emotional affair. Due to this fact alone, it is advised that you wear waterproof mascara and eyeliner on your special day. Waterproof formulations are not only beneficial for the tears that might fall, but also for the fact these formulations generally last longer than their non-waterproof counterparts.
4. Apply Lipstick Like a Pro: Truth be told, the first makeup item to fade at a wedding tends to be lipstick. To make lipstick last for hours on end, even throughout your meal, it is advised to apply lipstick like a professional. This includes starting by smoothing foundation over your lips, lining your lips with a lip liner, filling in your lips with the lipliner, and then lightly rubbing your lips together to blend the lip liner. Next, apply a layer of matte lipstick and then blot lips with a tissue. After blotting, apply another layer of matte lipstick along with a high-quality gloss. These steps will ensure hours upon hours of lipstick that will not fade.
5. Use Blotting Papers Religiously: When at a wedding or any event for that matter, makeup can tend to fade due to the oil that builds up on the skin. This is why one of the best tips to getting wedding day makeup that stays put is to stay diligent by blotting the skin with blotting papers on the regular. Make sure to not rub your skin, but instead to blot the excess oil off of the skin. Using blotting papers works wonders as a great time-saving and inexpensive technique that helps makeup to stay-put.
Check out our Makeup vendors here https://weddings-magazine.com/raleigh/hair-make-up-skin/