How To Make Your Wedding a Royal Occasion
If you’ve recently gotten engaged, then congratulations! You’re one step closer to the big day. What do you see when you envision all the elements of your special day? Quite possibly creating an impressive, majestic, and completely resplendent royal wedding describes your dream come true wedding. If so, you are on point and current with today’s hot wedding trend. A royal wedding day. A magnificent event for all who attend. Here’s a few suggestions to royal up your wedding.
1. Choose your dress from a reputable company in the area. Maggi Bridal has been in the industry for thirteen years now and is still going strong. Located right in Raleigh, North Carolina, Maggi Bridal is the place to go for excellent customer service regarding gorgeous bridal gowns that’ll make your man’s heart melt. Maggi Bridal was chosen as the winner of the Knot’s Best of Weddings award in 2013, which definitely speaks volumes as far as their dresses go.
Another place in the Raleigh area that serves up some truly lavish gowns for a royal-themed wedding is Traditions By Anna. This shop has provided beautiful brides with memorable dresses for over twenty-five years now. Traditions by Anna will help you obtain the happily-ever-after of your dreams. Remember, when choosing a gown to wear to your royal wedding, try incorporating long lace sleeves as well as both white and ivory. These ideas combine modern styling with old time elegance creating a truly royal bride for all to see.
2. Hold your wedding at a royal venue. Of course, it doesn’t have to be as pricey as a palace, but luckily there are gorgeous venues in the Raleigh, North Carolina region. Our first suggestion is The Graylyn Estate, which is a breathtaking location. Rich in romantic elegance, you’ll be delighted with your decision to hold your wedding here. The exterior of The Graylyn Estate closely resembles a modest castle as well, giving you that royal feel.
However, The Graylyn isn’t your only royal option in the Raleigh area. Have you ever taken a look at The Biltmore? If you haven’t, prepare to be absolutely amazed. The Biltmore Inn resembles a tall and pristine palace, which is perfect for that lavish look you’re searching for in order to obtain the royal-style wedding of your dreams. To make things even better, the Biltmore has vineyards to add to that element of romanticism you’re looking for.
Although these two recommendations aren’t actual palaces, they sure resemble them. Both offer the perfect setting for an undoubtedly royal wedding.
3. Follow the traditions of England. To obtain a feeling of royalty, it’s a good idea to follow the old English wedding tradition: Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, and a silver sixpence in her shoe. For her “something borrowed” piece, Kate Middleton wore the Queen’s tiara, which featured over one thousand diamonds. If you can find something this gorgeous to borrow, definitely do so! Otherwise, following this old tradition will definitely create a royal wedding feel. The crown below was provided by Eden Luxe Designs.
4. Imitate Kate Middleton’s makeup. Keep it simple, it’s a good idea to look as natural as possible. On her wedding day, Kate Middleton looked fresh-faced and natural. You can accomplish this look by focusing on your diet; try to avoid sugary foods and drink plenty of water so you can wear a minimal amount of face makeup. Your eye shadow shouldn’t be too heavy or dark, but just enough to really bring out your eye color. If you want to wear lipstick of any kind, try to wear a light gloss.
5. Accentuate your tables with adorable centerpieces based on the UK. Purchase glass vases from your favorite arts and crafts store and fill them up with red, white, and blue floral stems to imitate the colors of England’s flag. Speaking of their flag, try to incorporate it to the best of your ability into anything possible such as cupcakes or party favors. This will be a big hit! Also, try adding a little British cuisine such as Yorkshire Puddings. Another royal idea, serve your guests England’s ever-favorite tea.
Your wedding day is undoubtedly special. Just because it isn’t in England doesn’t mean you can’t celebrate like the royal family does! If you want a gorgeous and royal wedding, these five tips will help you to achieve a lavish celebration. Your Raleigh, North Carolina wedding with a British twist will be one to remember for years after. Get your wedding started with our recommended bridal gown shops. Maggie Bridal as well as Traditions by Anna offer convenient online appointment scheduling. Let The Graylyn Estate produce your dream come true royal wedding. A truly exquisite venue. Don’t forget to incorporate a little old English wedding tradition.
Jump to top
- Images provided by Walters & Walters photography.
- See more fantastic wedding venues in Raleigh, Durham, Cary, and Chapel Hill NC