Wedding Events in Raleigh Durham & Chapel Hill
Cheers, and we hope to see you at an upcoming event!
Upcoming Wedding Events in Raleigh Durham & Chapel Hill
2/21- 3/1 Traditions by Anna Anne Barge Bridal Trunk Show, Please call to make an appointment
2/23 The Wedding Affair at North Hills 1pm-4pm at the Renaissance Raleigh North Hills
3/2 “You’re Engaged, Now What?!” Wedding Workshop by Cathy Anna Designs, 2pm-4:30pm at the Comfort Inn & Suites RTP
3/15 Sanderling Resort Bridal Showcase, 11am-4pm, The Outer Banks
Exciting Wedding Giveaway! Accessory to Marriage by James Walters
James Walters, the man behind the camera for all of the Weddings Magazine Fashion spreads, recently made it known that photography isn’t his only talent with the release of his hilarious and charismatic work of literature, Accessory to Marriage. The book is a collection of short stories that serves as a chronicle of all the craziest moments from James’ experiences as a wedding photographer with his company Walters & Walters Photography.
Clever and full of laughs, this book is perfect for anyone planning a wedding, recovering from their own, anyone in the event planning industry, or really anyone looking for a good read. That being said, we are so excited to be able to giveaway FIVE copies of Accessory to Marriage to a few lucky winners. We want to have a little fun with it, so here’s how you can win:
2. In the comments section of this post, tell us your CRAZIEST wedding story from when you were a guest, the bride, or an industry pro. Whether the bride threw a temper tantrum or old Uncle Bob hit on the bridesmaids, the crazier the better! We want to hear about it! Also, please leave a way for us to contact you so that we can let you know if you won! Email, Twitter, Facebook, etc!
The Wedding Giveaway will run through the end of February, and we will announce the winners the week of March 1st, so stay tuned! Good luck! – WM
Valentine’s Day Specials in Raleigh, Durham & Chapel Hill
We have some amazing wedding vendors in the Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill areas, and it’s safe to say that if a place is good for weddings, they are going to be just as wonderful for romantic celebration like Valentines Day. We have compiled a list of just a few great ideas and resources for planning your special V-Day weekend with that special someone.
- Experience interactive theatre at its finest with a Valentine’s Murder Mystery Dinnerat The Highgrove Estate on Laurel Lake. Be sure to take a look at their incredible menu
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Cary is holding a Facebook contest for a free night at their property. Visit their Facebook page and post a picture of you and your sweetheart for your chance to win!
- The Raleigh Marriott is offering an exciting couples getaway that includes breakfast for two guests, chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne upon arrival for the perfect mini-vacation.
- The Sanderling Resort in the Outer Banks is celebrating Valentine’s Day all month long: Book a king bedded accommodation and enjoy a bottle of wine. Starting at $129 based on availability.
- Say I Love You with some gorgeous paper products. Talented invitation designer Crafty Pie is offering a special Valentine’s sale for 15% off all stationery from Feb 10th to the 17th using coupon code VDAY14.
- Celebrate Valentine’s Day in style at Sullivan’s Steakhouse in Downtown Raleigh with their special prix fixe menu, $99 for two guests and three courses, February 14th, 15th and 16th!
- Treat your sweet to a five-course Valentine’s Day Dinner laced with decadence atWeathervane! A special three-course menu will be offered alongside the regular dinner menu, and will highlight food to get you in the mood. For an added touch of elegance, wine pairings are available! $50 per person; $65 per person with wine pairings
- The Sizzle of Love is definitely in the air at Ruth’s Chris Steak House, with an incredible Valentine’s Day menu available only on the 14th through 16th!
- Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar also has an amazing Valentine’s Day menu, complete with signature cocktails, amuse-bouche and a few enticing entree duos.
Sanderling Resort Wedding Showcase
Sanderling Resort, the Outer Bank’s only full-service resort and spa, will be hosting a Wedding Showcase on March 15th, 2014. From 11am to 4pm, guests are invited to meet the areas top industry professionals and wedding experts, including bakers, florists, photographers and officiants.
Newlyweds-to-be will also be able to tour the amazing property with its breathtaking views and more than five idyllic locations for ceremonies and receptions. As Sanderling Resort transforms into a comprehensive bridal exhibit, while incorporating event designers and a palette of inspired themes, the interactive 2014 wedding show invites brides-to-be to learn the ins and outs of planning the ideal ceremony. The destination’s foremost, as well as photographers, videographers, wedding planners, officiant services and DJs will all offer their tips to customize the dream wedding.
Additional information on the Wedding Showcase, including an up-to-date roster of vendors and ticket purchases, can be found at www.sanderling-resort.com. Tickets are $15 per person and can be picked up at Sanderling Resort the day of the event. The event will coincide with the annual OBX Taste of the Beach festival, which features more than 50 events from more than 35 restaurants on the Outer Banks.
For those interested in attending the 2014 Wedding Show, a special nightly rate of $139 at Sanderling Resort will be available March 13-16, 2014 by calling reservations at 877.650.4812 or booking online using the promotion code: SHOW.